Volunteer Partnership ‑ Accessing Resources Project
The Volunteer Partnership - Accessing Resources Project is an initiative to make more government owned facilities and resources available for use by community groups.
Since its beginnings in 2009, more than 120 South Australian Government offices, hospitals and health services, libraries and schools, TAFESA campuses and ambulance stations in both metropolitan and regional South Australia, have pledged to share their facilities and resources with local community groups.
List of facilities and resources available
You can find a comprehensive list of government facilities and resources, available in your local area, by visiting the sa.gov.au website.
Further information and resources
For community groups
- FAQ on Insurance by community groups fact sheet (PDF 28.9 KB) - Any concerns about insurance? Find out the answers, or who to contact, in this frequently asked questions (FAQ) fact sheet.
- Tell us your story interview form (DOC 27.0 KB) - Share with us your experiences participating in the Volunteer Partnership - Accessing Resources project. Selected stories will be featured in The State Volunteering Online e-newsletter, which is emailed to thousands of community groups, government agencies, businesses and volunteers across the State.
For government departments
- FAQ on Insurance by government agencies fact sheet (PDF 17.8 KB) - Any concerns about insurance? Find the answers, or who to contact, in this FAQ fact sheet.
- Hire agreement templates - Simple 'premises hire' and 'equipment hire' templates, and instructions for the use of those templates, have been created in partnership with the Crown Solicitor's Office for "low risk" hire arrangements. Agencies can use the template agreements, as described in the relevant instructions, in low risk arrangements for the hire of premises (eg meeting rooms, venues etc) or equipment (e.g. data projectors, safety kits, sporting equipment etc) to volunteer organisations. Contact us on 1300 015 965 if you have any questions.
- Media release template (DOC 29.0 KB) - Promote your facilities and resources, currently available for use by community groups in your local area, using this media release template.
- Newsletter article template (DOC 28.0 KB) - Spread the word about your facilities and resources on offer, in your departmental newsletters and email distribution lists, using this newsletter article template.