We produce a range of fact sheets covering topics relevant to individual volunteers and volunteer involving organisations.
Each fact sheet aims to give the reader a broad overview of a particular topic in addition to providing a range of avenues to find further detailed information.
The following fact sheets are available:
- Volunteer Protection Act 2001 (PDF 106KB)
- Engaging people with disabilities in volunteering (PDF 110 KB)
- Incorporation (PDF 103 KB)
- Media guide for community groups (PDF 120KB)
- Recognising your volunteers (PDF 112KB)
- Risk management (PDF 150KB)
- Solving volunteer workplace disputes (PDF 103KB)
- Sponsorship guide for community groups (PDF 123 KB)
- Protection for community board members(PDF 198KB)
*NB: Some contact details in Fact Sheet 5: Group Insurance for the Volunteer Community have been changed. See new Local Community Insurance Services details below.
DHS screening checks are free for South Australian volunteers
Local Community Insurance Services (LCIS) Clubs and Community Groups Insurance Scheme
The Local Community Insurance Services website provides information about available insurance covers and provides free quotes.
More information on insurance cover for community groups can be found on our Latest News page.
Safe Work Australia: Information on work, health and safety laws.
Safe Work Australia publishes a range of guidance material to provide information on the model work health and safety laws and to assist compliance for volunteers and volunteers organisations. Workforce Health and Safety Laws and Volunteers (PDF 1.14 MB)