Young Volunteer Scholarships
Volunteer Scholarships for young South Australians
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) provide Young Volunteer Scholarships which recognise the time and energies of young people who volunteer in the community.
Successful applicants receive up to $3,000 towards the cost of course fees or textbooks for courses at university, TAFE or a registered vocational college.
To be eligible for a Young Volunteer Scholarship, the applicant must be:
- aged 25 years and under
- a permanent resident of South Australia
- currently studying, or have been accepted to study, a tertiary or vocational qualification with an institution in Australia
- a current volunteer in their community.
Applications are assessed on the following criteria:
- current involvement in volunteering
- history of community participation and volunteering
- personal motivation
- demonstrated interest in the community and continued volunteering
- benefit of scholarship to the individual.
Scholarship funding payment
DCSI will notify all applicants in writing about the outcome of their application in October 2017. Scholarships will be paid in November 2017.
Applications are now closed.
For more information, please contact the Grants Team on 1300 650 985 or email@example.com