This statement sets out the Department of Human Services's policies relating to the privacy and security of your personal information. This privacy and security statement applies to the following Departmental websites:
- Child and Youth Services
- Community Visitor Scheme
- Department of Human Services
- Domiciliary Equipment Service
- Interpreting and Translating Centre
- Multicultural Affairs
- Office for Volunteers
- Office for Women
- Office for Youth
- Problem Gambling
- Screening Checks
This site is operated in compliance with the Government of South Australia's information privacy principles (IPPs) (PDF 296KB) issued by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet.
Find out more about our commitment to information privacy.
Data collected while browsing
When you visit this site, we compile data that records and logs your visit with the following information collected strictly for statistical purposes only:
- User's server address
- Date and time of the visit to the site
- Pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Search words used
- Previous site visited
- Type of browser used
This information is analysed to determine the site's usage statistics and no attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities.
DHS retains the email address of people who send emails through the 'Contact us' facility or feedback forms, for the purpose of sending a response. Addresses are stored in a secure area within the South Australian Government's Message Services System and will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
Please note that DHS sites contain links to a large number of other web sites that are included on the basis of containing content related to South Australian community, business or government. When a user has clicked on a link to another website, they leave this site and this privacy and security statement does not apply to those websites.
The Department of Human Services (DHS) Twitter account is managed by our Communications and Engagement Unit to deliver news and information relating to DHS.
MailChimp and privacy consent
Our department will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to the work of our department
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of our website
- compile reports on website activity for website operators, and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
MailChimp may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on MailChimps’s behalf. MailChimp collects information about when you visit the website, when you use the services, your browser type and version, your operating system, and other similar information.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia. We are required to inform you that by subscribing to our eNewsletter:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.